Jessica Warren jessicawarren.net | jessica warren at gmail dot com
To contact me visit http://jessicawarren.net/contact/
Objective: Creative Director | Art Director | Graphic Artist | Marketing & Promotion | Art Education
15 Yrs. Graphic Design
10 Yrs. Web Designer and Development
10 Yrs. Art Direction / Creative Direction
5 Yrs. Social Media Marketing and Promotion
Skills: Project Management:
* Create & coordinate marketing materials and promotions for web and print media.
* Assist in initial project consultation with clients.
* Main point of contact with client throughout production.
* Graphic design for web and print media
* Photo retouching
Work well independently or in a group.
Able to handle high-pressure situations and deadlines.
The ability to see projects through completion.
Software: CC, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Director, Dreamweaver, Office, Word
Operating Systems: Windows, Macintosh.
Designquote 2005 – Present:
Office Manager, Art Director
Responsible for design work deliverables on several concurrent projects. Responsible for all company marketing materials and advertising collateral. Work with both clients and designers throughout the design hiring process.
* Conceptualize and design artwork for web and print media.
* Coordinate branding and advertising materials for clients.
* Create animation and illustrated presentations.
* Oversee all graphic design and user interface development.
* Photo and image retouching.
* Oversee marketing and presentation materials.
* Main point of contact for customer service.
* Assist both designers and clients throughout the hiring process.
* Create infographics and articles about graphic, social media and website design.
Star94 WSTR Atlanta 94.1 FM , April 2002 – March 2005
Webmaster / Art Director
In my dual role at Star 94 I was responsible for website design and development. I coordinated artwork for the various marketing channels including web, print & outdoor advertisement.
* Created a content management system for maintaining website content.
* Responsible for staff content management training.
* Oversaw website development.
* Built interactive online contests and promotions.
* Maintained database driven dynamic web content.
* Aided in the development of the station e-commerce system..
* Illustrated the station’s outdoor advertising.
* Created and produced concert backdrop artwork & animation.
* Retouched photos of on-air personalities, celebrities and events.
InteReach Internet Services, Aug.1999 – January 2002
Lead Designer / Art Director
* Coordinated and directed creative staff.
* Managed production of corporate and commercial web sites, print and multimedia presentations.
Professional Other / Art & Freelance:
Studio 23 Gallery , 2013 – Present
* Curate group and solo art exhibits and installations.
* Create and distribute marketing materials.
* Organize free and paid art classes and instructors.
* Coordinate branding and advertising materials.
* Developed website.
* Handle social media marketing and presence.
Alameda Annual Free Community Art Events 2013-Present
* Co-creator and co-host annual Alameda Summer Art Fair.
* Co-creator and co-host annual BlackLight Art Show and Installation.
* Coordinate branding and advertising materials for events.
* Organize and coordinate various events from beginning to end.
* Created and synchronized promotional event artwork for both web and print media.
* Oversee development of and create event marketing and presentation materials.
* Curate and coordinate local vendors and artists.
Freelance: Independent Contractor:
A brief overview of a few current clients for art, graphic art & web design.
Art Curator 2015-Present
* Curate artists for local merchant ‘Alameda Island Brewing Company’.
* Created Park Street Bridge mural for ‘Alameda Island Brewing Company’.
* Created artwork for the Clean, Green & Save campaign.
* Assist in design & marketing for both print and web media.
Goldenvoice 2014 – 2016
* Developed original artwork for the Mountain Winery 2014 Concert Series.
* Created and synchronized promotional artwork for both web and print media.
FAAS Friends of Alameda Animal Shelter 2013 – 2016
* Assisted in launch of new website.
* Managed and updated website content.
* Created and updated FAAS newsletter and events.
* Created artwork for web and print media.
Studio 23 Most Professional Business: DABA Awards.
Studio 23 Best Indie Gallery: ‘Best of Alameda’
Winner: 2014 Alameda Power PowerBox Contest.
Winner: 2014 Mountain Winery Art Contest.
Certificate in Flash Animation: Art Institute of Atlanta
Certificate in Adobe Illustrator: Art Institute of Atlanta
Studied Fine Art at Emory University “Continuing Education” with Guy Robinson
AIR Awards 2002: Best Website at Star94
AIR Awards 2004: Best Website at Star94
URLs: Volunteer Work
FAAS Friends of Alameda Animal Shelter: http://alamedaanimalshelter.org
The Creative Art Program: http://www.creativeartprogram.org
Alameda Family Services Home Tour: http://alamedaholidayhometour.com/
Creative Art Program 2010-2011
Creative Director/President (Founder)
* Organized children’s art workshops and gallery openings.
* Created curriculum, promotion, fundraising and oversaw workshops.
* Developed and managed marketing for print and web.
* Produced and acquired all necessary legal documents.
* Assembled and coordinated a team of very highly skilled and talented volunteers.
* Worked one on one with and in a group setting with “at risk” kids.
Children’s Book Author-Illustrator
DABA awards Studio 23 “Most Professional”
The award for 2017 Professional Business of the Year was presented to Wesley and Jessica Warren of Studio 23.
Dynamic Painting Duo
Dynamic Painting Duo in Alameda Magazine
Since their arrival in 2012, the couple has embraced the Alameda art scene by winning awards and opening a gallery. By Michael Singman-Aste
Studio 23 host’s exhibit
to benefit Standing Rock Sioux, Oakland fire & Just Cause
Alameda Sun: 2nd Fridays
Downtown and Entertainment Guide
Alameda Sun: 2016 Summer Art Fair
Alameda Gets Artsy
Memberships, Boards and Organizations: 2016-Present
DABA: Downtown Alameda Business Association Promotiosn Committee
* Assist with ongoing events and promotions for the Downtown District.
* Created and organized the Alameda Holiday Window Contest
IAA: Island Alliance of the Arts
* Board Member
* Corresponding Secretary
Alameda Artists Group
* Host free and paid monthly art meetups around Alameda.
2nd Friday Alameda Artwalk
* Organize and co-host ongoing 2nd Friday meetings with participating merchants.
* Coordinated “Artwalk For Animals” 2016 to raise funds for FAAS.
* Coordinated “GhostShip Fundraiser” 2016 artwalk.
* Worked with a team of local designers to complete web and print marketing materials.
* Worked with a team of local designers, developers and programmers to complete the official 2nd Friday website.
Alamedans for Fair & Open Public Arts Fund
Co-created Alameda Coalition for the Arts. A local advocacy group comprised of creators, venues, and citizens (aka YOU!) with a shared goal — to foster and promote more performing and visual art in Alameda. Through this shared vision, we hope to increase exposure for local artists and provide a platform to have their voices heard to create a more vibrant community.
- Help foster and promote more visual and performing arts in Alameda
- Increase exposure for local artists
- Create a more vibrant community
WABA Annual Blues, Brews and BBQ Festival, Alameda
DABA Art & Wine Fair
DABA Holiday Window Contest
DABA Holiday Centerpiece Raffle
Alameda Family Services / Alameda Holiday Home Tour